I play guitar, drums, a home-made synthesizer, organ, bamboo flute and tape-loops. I live in Auckland, New Zealand. I like medieval and Renaissance music, Japanese traditional music, psychedelic music, electronic music 1950s-70s and rock and pop of the same era. And, etc.
I played drums in The Murdering Monsters and The Aesthetics. I co-founded and named The Futurians in 2001, and played on their first album "!Blastov!". I am currently in these bands: The Maltese Falcons, Olympus, and Pouffe.
If you have any technical or aesthetic questions about my music please contact me, I'd be happy to talk about it.
Photos - click for 300dp-hi rezzer
Album Cover Art
Here Come the Recorders cover image: 6" x 6" 300dpi jpeg
Cover image by Cosmo Helectra
Interior Castle cover image: 6" x 6" 300dpi jpeg
Cover image by Ducklingmonster
Supreme Commander LP cover image: 6" x 6" 300dpi jpeg
Cover image by Clementine Nixon
Faster Than the Speed of Time LP front cover image: 6" x 6" 300dpi jpeg
Cover image by Florian and Michael Quistrebert
Read all known reviews of Kraus on yon PRESS page.
- Music 101, Radio New Zealand National, 13th June 2015
- The Avant Guardian, Feb 2015
- Music 101, Radio New Zealand National, 15th February 2014
- Under the Radar 20 November 2013
- Phantom of the Factory Issue XY28, November 2012.
- Crop Magazine June/July 2011
- Foxy Digitalis 27 October 2009
For further information, I decided to conduct some interviews with myself. These are listed below. The titles refer to the original source of the questions.
- 1973 Melody Maker talks to
- 1973 Guitar Player talks to
- 1971 Melody Maker talks to
BeatlesKraus Press Conference 1
BeatlesKraus Press Conference 2
- Your favourite virtue. Socialism
- Your favourite qualities in a man. Tries to be nice and kind and polite. a sweet angel.
- Your favourite qualities in a woman. Funny, also ditto
- Your chief characteristic. Plodding anxiety
- What you appreciate the most in your friends. when they bring food
- Your main fault. Can't imagine one
- Your favourite occupation. Cleaner. Or violent revolutionary
- Your idea of happiness. Blake's 7
- Your idea of misery.
Being separated from Maryann
- If not yourself, who would you be? A nerdy bedroom musician
- Where would you like to live? Deep forest
- Your favourite colour and flower. Brown.No, cream. Red
- Your favourite prose authors. James M. Cain, William Boyd
- Your favourite poets. Troggs
- Your favourite heroes in fiction. Kerr Avon, Lebedev, and the protagonist in "The Burrow"
- Your favourite heroines in fiction. Vera in "Detour" (1945)
- Your favourite painters and composers. Klee, The Egyptians, and, again, Troggs. I mean literal troglodytes, not the band.
- Your heroes in real life.
- Your favourite heroines in real life.
- What characters in history do you most dislike. The English
- Your heroines in World history. Greenham Common Women's Peace Camp
- Your favourite food and drink. Bread, beer. Anything with yeast
- Your favourite names. Maryann, Xerxes
- What I hate the most. Classism (note: not a typo, I mean CLASSISM, not classicism)
- World history characters I hate the most. Rich people of any country or era
- The military event I admire the most. the NLF defence of Vietnam
- The reform I admire the most.
- The natural talent I'd like to be gifted with. The gift of music
- How I wish to die. Me too
- What is your present state of mind. Concentrating on typing/drunk
- For what fault have you most toleration? Meanness caused by poverty
- Your favourite motto. "No man is good enough to be another's master"